To my dear International friends,
OK you guys...Please post some comments and let me know you are alive out there!
I have 2 friends from Russia and 3 from Germany.
Pray-tell, who are you?
We are having winter right now, what is your weather like where you are?
I keep in contact with a friend in Australia and she is in mid summer with a wedding planned for March which would be like our early fall season.
Early and mid fall seasons are the absolute best in my opinion, here in New England.
This woman is fantastic. She is a retro pinup and competing for the Miss Pinup title for Australia in February. She walks and talks the 1950's style of clothing, makeup and demeanour. Young and lovely. Quite a lucky woman. Other than her competition, (which is, I am sure, is a time consuming job), I do not know where or if she is employed by anyone else.
Me? I'm employed everywhere! At least I have been! I am a licenced Practical nurse and work seasonally for an immunization establishment located in Arizona. I must honestly say I am not much of a nurse. I keep up with my educational credits and I have enough working hours to retain my license, but that is all. I would LOVE to do some serious nursing but the nursing world doesn't care for people like me.
I have worked just about everywhere and only for a short period of time. I have the misfortune of carrying the disease of blabby-mouth, footin-mouth and lacka-tact. My skills were terrific but the world of butch boss-ladies and tender-frightened-bullied nurses are not working for me.
I work well with the immuno company because my bosses are all in AZ. I am terrific with the public and well organized and have honed my tasks to perfection. I have been able to be a success because there is no one around forcing their idea of wisdom, lifestyle and rules down my throat.
It's too bad most places to work as a nurse, have female supervisors. When it comes to this business of nursing, the old bags eat their young chicks. There are no "mentors", and no matter how much they say they appreciate your opinion and your ideas, they do not want their boat rocked.
I am a boat rocker.
You see, when people tell me these things in an interview, I believe them. I believe in honesty. don't ever lie to me, ever. I hate liars. Strong word, I know. "We welcome your input, "your opinions are highly valued, "any suggestions you might have are always welcomed, "If you can see where something could be improved, we'd love to hear it....." All of that is a lie.
The "American nursing" way, according to the places I have been subject to, is to keep your mouth shut, overwork yourself and stab anyone and everyone in the back whenever the opportunity arises. That is what I have observed, and I can't do it. Sad isn't it? Don't come here to America and expect to make a difference, that is just plain stupid. If you have a lot of money, you can do anything you want, but, most do not.
So nursing just isn't what I thought it was going to be. A waste of 2 years of education and 10,000. I suppose that is why I went to work for myself the majority of the time. If you can find an outlet for your own creativity, you will be a better person, a happier person and you actually see the world for what it is. It took a long time to understand that I am not going to change anyone, anything and certainly not the world, only my little piece of it and God help me if I intrude on anyone else's ground.
See? I am a boat rocker. I believe in honesty, sharing, mentoring and learning all that I can. If I could find a nursing position in a place where people upheld those characteristics, I would jump all over an opportunity to be a part of their team. However, people and places like that are no where to be found, at least not for me. I'm a hard fit, but when I do fit, I am a comfortable, reliable shoe.
So, here is Nicholas...Why Nicholas? Well, because Nicholas is free to be whatever she wants to be, because Nicholas has no boundaries, because Nicholas enjoys sharing ideas, techniques and conversation, because no one is holding Nicholas down and choking her and Nicholas provides a creative outlet for life's frustrations, fills the holes where relationships have left emptiness and Nicholas provides beauty and joy for others and makes them happy. I love Nicholas.
I want Nicholas to fly, with your help, she can and will. I am practicing my patience and becoming more creative and skillful as each day passes. But I am waiting on you...Nicholas can not do this by herself, she needs people like you to help her.
Just by visiting you bump up the traffic at the site and that is a wonderful sight indeed! People coming, people going, people browsing, people shopping and some even buying.
Tomorrow is Saturday and I am going to visit my favorite place, GemStone Gems off Route 4A in Enfield, NH. The place is a museum of rocks! The outside grounds are filled with Quartz Crystal Rocks and boulders...the inside is over crowded with some of the most beautiful stones you'll ever see. And Dunham's work is fantastic. You can buy pendants that are already wire wrapped, you can purchase precious stones and semi-precious ones too. Very exciting. I always plan for a couple of hours. It's always crowded in there, too many people, too little room, floor to ceiling stones, an abundance of help all in about a 20' x 20' tiny shop. It's like family when you walk in.
I need to pick up stock of white beads. I also want to start a few items that are small and dainty. We'll see what I come back with. One never knows until one gets home just what kind of treasures are awaiting in the bag.
Until later...
Remember, you have 10% off all items in my shop when you use the coupon code WHYNICHOLAS when you are checking out!
No comments:
Post a Comment