I had packaged up all the original beads from the early necklace and put them away in a nice ziploc bag. I had in front of me a really pretty and very unusual piece that I had no intentions of working on. I had been playing around with a few ideas in my head about these 4 large yellow-brown flat rectangular milky transparent beads that measure about 1 inch by 1 and half inch.
Alone, they are ugly, but maybe because I thought they were ugly, I was determined to do something with these beads. I wanted to make them beautiful. Is it possible for me to "fell sorry" for the ugly beads? Oh GAWD! That's just way out there, Reel it in Deb!
I had all these ideas of yellow and brown, yellow and white, what I ended up with was yellow and silver. I purchased a silver wire wrapped yellow stone over at Dunham's place, kind of without thinking and when I got that home along with all the other stuff I had purchased (this was about 2 months ago) I saw the dirty yellow wrapped bead. Again that same color is not pleasing but the wrap was stunning.
I found that the wrapped stone and the 4 flat beads I had from God-knows-where-I-found-them, matched perfectly. Odd. I was determined to make all those ugly yellow, dirty-looking yellow beads, beautiful. I did. At least I believe I did. When I take a picture of it to list, I will come back here and insert a picture of it.
I took an 18 inch black cord with silver cord-ends and removed the lobster clasp and the receiving loop and chain. I must have spent at least two or more hours trying to come up with a color combination that would complement these yellow beasts. Red, brown, black, white, blue, nothing went with them, they either overshadowed the beads or contrasted terribly. Tigers eye brown was very close, I spent the most time with all of the tigers eye I had but I ended up putting all the colored beads away and brought out silver findings. YES.
I strung about 12 inches of the 4 yellow beads plus I found 2 coin beads that were very very close in color with some black strewn through them, plus my pendant and made a simple pattern using only silver beads to complement the yellow. It worked. I attached the foot long string to the black cord ends making one end a toggle clasp in antique Bali SS. The black cord goes around the back of the neck and the ends connect on the upper pectorals nearly level or just below level with the shoulders.
I restrung this section several times, too long, too short, too ornate, then just right. I wanted it to hang a few inches below the collar bone as this would be the usual place just below the neckline of most tops. That way the piece would rest on the cloth as a back drop instead of your skin. This particular color of yellow ought not to be against your skin, it may make you look jaundiced! A Black, Brown or dark blue top would complement this necklace immensely!
I can't wait to get it listed. Pictures will be taken this week and I will get this one and a couple more I have put together out so you can see them. I hope soon I will get more traffic at my site, I need the attention!
| Well, it's Jan.11 and here it is. Not bad...huh? The ugly duckling got pretty! |
I also need you to follow me here, I hope y'all find me, I am looking for ways to find you!
Needing you,
Ms. Nicholas
No comments:
Post a Comment