Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Carry on Nicholas

Yes yes! I hit the new post tab. and this comes up. cool.

Ok, what's been happening...I want people to know about "search ads" on Etsy. I paid 10.00 for 10,000 what they call "impressions" which are pictures of my work in Nicholas Designs that come up within the first 25 images shown when someone uses a keyword "tag" that applies to my pieces. So if you went to Etsy and typed in "necklaces" I should be one of the items within the first 25 images of necklaces in the world of Etsy.

Well,.....I bought the 10,000 impressions for 7 days. On the seventh day, they had shown 3,191 impressions as of 2am before my time ran out. So, I sent them an email and they have not yet gotten back to me as to why and where are the remaining > 6,000 impressions that I paid for?
It will be interesting 1) IF they even get back to me and 2) what they plan on telling me.
I wonder if I will get a refund?

So anyone out there using Etsy's search ads ought to be very cautious. I think it's a rip which is unusual because Etsy is really a very good "landlord".
'nuff of that.

Well, almost enough. I complain because I am not getting the advertising I need. I have tried 'showcasing" and now "search ads" and nothing is working.
I am making more sales in person than what I am spending on line. What shall I do?
I could try Google ads. Anyone done that? I'd be interested to see if that works better.

You know what is really kinda sad? Is that vendors must PAY in order to have their items show first after a search word is put in. I find that awfully deceptive. It rubs me the wrong way yet I am doing it. Why can't things just happen normally? If there is a way to make a buck someone will find it.
sick, sad and sadistic. Welcome to the world.

This post is terrible! How depressing! I think I'll end it and start a new one, much more uplifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment