Thursday, December 29, 2011

Nicholas spreads the Joy....

Well, my husband had his birthday the other day and we had cake and ice cream for anyone who happened to come by. His Mom called from Florida and the phone was passed and passed and passed around. She insisted on buying her granddaughter's some jewelry from my shop for their Christmas presents. She must have over heard me talking about how much energy, time and money I have dumped into Nicholas Designs and have not yet had an Internet sale. Prior to this I only sold perhaps 4 pieces of jewelry and they were not out of my new line.

Tickled, I brought out everything I had and of course the girls went for the Turquoise and the White Cabochon pendants. (The white one will be posted this week) (Each are $105.00). My mother-in-law flipped and gave me a $40.00 limit for each.

They picked out, all on their own necklaces that happen to have their Grandmother's antique beads and lace that was given to me (which I took apart and redesigned into more "modern" pieces, fresh and colorful). 
Julia's Christmas Gift from Nan

Julia picked a Clear Glass Murano Heart-shape with a green squiggle swirl inside resting on a very long piece of vintage ivory colored lace that belonged to her Grandmother.


Serena's Christmas Gift from Nan
My other niece, Serena picked out a green, white and yellow beaded pendant necklace also in Lariat length. The Green Agate beads came from an old piece that her Grandmother had which I tore apart and created this one. It is loaded with crystals and silver charms, just lovely.



My Sister-in-Law's Christmas Gift
Ironically, my brother-in-law jumped in and suddenly decided to buy his wife a necklace as well. He also picked out a beauty that again, had his Mom's antique beads..in this one, vintage Amethyst nuggets (paired with aquamarine and silver charms galore). How wonderful that they all have a little piece of this great lady to claim for themselves!


Well, that's what's been up since Christmas. Family, friends and good hard work.
Bye for now...
Old Nick was good to our loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment