It's been a couple of days now since I spoken to 'yall. Is there ever any time to be what we are supposed to be? Since I've been away I have intended to begin restringing all of my earliest necklaces and put on a more comfortable clasp around the neck. Have I done that yet? NO!
Often, life gets in the way of what one really wants to be doing. I try not to let that happen, but I am not God, (thank God) and stuff just come flying at ya and you either catch it and work with it or let it hit you in the face.
| The Early Days... |
I did sneak in a "remake" in the beginning of the week on one of my favorite early necklaces. It's the Cobalt/Indigo blue one. Obviously when people (me) begin a new line, a new hobby or such, they improve with age as they go on, as I have. See where I started from?
Better techniques, better quality and better materials have happened. I need to reel myself in and retain these pieces as they are and not be tempted to use the original design to enhance upon it or change it which is exactly what I did with the blue one. Oh, it's much more comfortable all right, but I did change it. Now the old one is just nostalgia, I liked it too.
Got to NOT do that. Don't I? Now, it's a new piece and needs new pictures, and a new listing. Just thought I'd make more work for myself, just what I need to do. But you know, it's easy to restring, just keep your mind from wandering and saying to (my)self, I've got a much better separator than the one I am using, I think I'll change it...and that is how it starts.
As I think about this in more detail, perhaps new pictures would be a good idea. My props, models and style has also gotten better and I could do more justice for these earlier pieces if I did up new photo's. That way I can accommodate my uncontrollable urge to remake, change out and improve on the old!
There, I talked myself right into it! Now I am free to do as I wish. Well, that's what it's all about anyway isn't it? Doing what you love is doing what you wish and following your dreams is following your heart which is falling back on personality traits that I do not wish to change. Like holding back. Like restraining myself. Like reeling myself in. I don't like to do any of those things.
So, now I can say, come and see my new line of old necklaces? my new line of earlier necklaces? remakes of the old? improved materials and techniques? I won't advertise anything like that. As a matter of fact, I won't even mention it in the listings. They will just be remade sturdier and with stronger and more comfortable materials.
![]() |
| Cobalt/Indigo Blue Random Design.. |
Here's a pic of the early necklace as it WAS.

Like this clasp? OUCH!
So, I will be focusing on that for the next week. I hope I make good progress! I'll be taking new photo's as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment