Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Nicholas Takes Care of Her Own....

I just finished up a necklace for my mother in law. It is so simple, It's lovely. I have a 24 inch sterling silver snake necklace and I added a 20mm heart made of white shell. put the two together and viola! Elegant and simple. WHY DIDN'T I TAKE A PICTURE OF IT?

I mailed it yesterday along with a ton of packages that were orders from Grampa's Attic, That shop is taking off really well!

Then I finished up a pendant necklace for the girl who walks our dog and shovels our walkways after a snow storm. Takes her a while to come and shovel but if I have to wait a couple of days, then so be it, I am thankful that she does it.

She saw all the beautiful pendants I purchased over at Dunham's Gemstar Gemstone shop on Route 4a in Enfield, GAWD, I LOVE THAT PLACE! It's a rock museum and should be listed as an attraction in the town of Enfield. Perhaps I will recommend that.

Any way our girl had her eye on a moonstone pendant. So, what colors do tweens like? Purple! I matched purple glass beads that had a tiny bit of silver and aqua splashed on them with lilac colored round beads and created a really cool pattern. It turned out really great, I had to restring it 3 times because I screwed up the pattern, (never be in a hurry!) but it turned out perfect, tight, and gorgeous!

A huge moonstone pendant hangs in the center of this 20 inch necklace. (she is small). I hope she likes it! I can't wait to give it to her. I love to give her things, we never had a child and I would hope that if we did, a girl would be alot like her. WHY DIDN'T I TAKE A PICTURE OF IT?

Cute Ears...Huh?

She has also been the 'girl behind the ears' in many pictures on Nicholas Designs' web listings for earrings. She is my model. I can't show too much of her as she is so young so we get her hair done like I would do mine and she has the cutest ears!

Here she is modeling the matching earrings to the Red Nugget and Hematite Necklace...



Hematite Heart Pendant with Red Nuggets

She models for my new collection of hypoallergenic Sterling Silver Fine Jewelry. She is the model behind the Turquoise pendant (below) and the Hematite and Red Nugget pendant, here.
They are both just beautiful! and so is she!


I can see quite a few people looking at these but no one has bought anything yet, I am wondering if the price is scaring them.
You get what you pay for and if you want the best, you must realize that my pieces will last a life time as I have built-in safe guards against the clasps fraying the wire as in this one that boasts a "dainty" Hematite heart about 1/2 inch, more Hematite squares and red nuggets and genuine Swarovski Crystals.
My Turquoise Pendant...YES!
The Turquoise Pendant is about 2 inches long. The Lariat (long length) is really made well, rugged with natural Turquoise.  I am asking $105.00 for the Turquoise and $75.00 for the Hematite. I don't think that's too much considering how much work goes into them and the quality of the materials is the best I can find anywhere...

Pretty huh?



Pink Quartz and Sterling Silver Earrings
I have a most gorgeous pair of pink Quartz earrings with Sterling Silver. Everyone seems to be looking at this one as well but no bites yet. These are so dainty and ornate, nothing brash or loud, just some shiny silver holding a dangling 1/4 inch pink Quartz rock. They are going for $47.00. For the materials and the work involved, they are worth it! (I actually started out pricing it at $65.00).


Well, come and visit, I have invited those people to my facebook page that I think may wear jewelry and have an appreciation for fine jewelry. There is also a good amount of fashion jewelry available for those who do not have an allergic reaction to nickle and lead. What I have shown here today are those pieces that are hypoallergenic.

Talk later! comment, send messages and visit!   Wish we could have holiday cocktails together!
Deborah.

No comments:

Post a Comment